Tuesday, 11 August 2026

Laphroaig 11 yo Living Souls

 
 
 
50°
Distillery : Laphroaig - Islay
Refill Bourbon Barrels 
Independent Bottling 
By Living Souls 
Limited Edition 
Single Malt 
Bottled in 2026
Unchillfiltered, Uncoloured
Peated around 43 ppm
 
 
 
As I’ve really enjoyed it so far, I’m continuing to explore the Living Souls range, and I must say I’m delighted every time. Here we have a relatively young Laphroaig, matured in a blend of refill bourbon casks that bring out the best in the spirit. I’d have liked to know how many bottles were produced.
 
 
 

Let's Taste It : 
A bewitching smokiness and a few mineral hints, which barely mask the white grape pulp, liquid honey, lumps of charcoal, gravel, a subtle medicinal note. Candied banana, vanilla icing, heavy peat, a pinch of icing sugar. Ointment. On the palate too, the fruit is more pronounced, it’s sweet, buttered toast, lychees, almond paste, then the spices emerge, quite strongly, cumin, clove, black pepper. Quite oily overall. A very long finish, but not overly aggressive, royal jelly, puddles of petrol, prickly pears, dried tobacco, rustic wood, the peat resurfacing, liquorice, an ounce of bitterness.
 
In Short, 
This is the classic Laphroaig profile, with just the right amount of minerality, coastal character, medicinal and oily notes. But above all, there’s plenty of fruit, and the balance is beautifully maintained. Everything works very well together, and the price is really good value. If I were you, I’d hurry up and buy it. 
Score : 89
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                                   To Be Listened While Sipping : 
 
                                                    Dead Serpent - Destruction

No comments:

Post a Comment